- By Tenesha
- 0 Comments
- SawBlade Articles
When you’re in an industry that works with metal you will likely use mild steel. And, you’ll need to know what’s the best tool to cut it. Here are the top 3 reasons why you need cold saw blades for mild steel.
What Is Mild Steel?
Mild steel is a type of steel that is low in carbon. There can be different grades of mild steel, but they all contain a carbon content under 0.25%. Mild steel can be vary versatile and flexible. Which means it can be used in many different ways.
Some examples of how mild steel can be used include:
- Construction (mild steel is affordable material that is resistant to bugs, rot and fire)
- Machinery (it’s often used during the construction of cars)
- Fencing (due to it’s flexibility, it is a great option for fencing)
Reason 1: Cold Saw Blades Are Durable
Cold saw blades are durable. This is significant when it comes to such a common material as mild steel. You can cut mild steel, over and over and over again. They can be resharpened to around 15 times before you’ll notice breakage.
Reason 2: Heat Resistance
Cold saw blades cut through metal using a slow rotational speed that is powered by a high powered motor. When they are in use, cold saw blades transfer all of their energy and heat made during the cutting process to the chip. This keeps your blade and work cool, putting less strain on the machine.
Reason 3: Versatility
The third and final reason is versatility. A tool that can be used for more than one type of project is important. They can be used for copper, brass, tubes, pipes, solid metals, structural steel. And, of course, mild steel.
5 Easy Steps to Build Your Own Sawblade
2. Great job, now select the Width
3. Select the Length (mm) (Round up to the Closest Increment)(Round up to the Closest Increment)
3. Now Enter the Exact Length in (mm) (Made to your Order)
4. Select the TPI (Teeth Per Inch)
5. Select the Quantity of Blades
Order Your Blade