- By Allison Winchester
- 0 Comments
- SawBlade Articles
How to Sharpen Bandsaw Blades
There are two ways in which you can effectively achieve the best outcomes to sharpen your bandsaw blades,
While your first thought might be to replace your dull blade, you can sharpen your bandsaw blade a few times before needing to replace fully.
Before going through the sharpening process, you will require the following safety items:
- Eye protection;
- Gloves; and
- Dust mask.
It would be best if you also remembered to unplug the saw to ensure you are safe throughout the sharpening process.
Manually Sharpen Bandsaw Blades
The manual process is a relatively simple one and is the most cost-effective option. The manual process is the best cause of action for hobbyists who are less likely to need to do it as often.
Generally, you can sharpen the dullest part of the blade, other times you will need to do the whole thing.
Before sharpening, you will require:
- Hand file or Dremel tool;
- Sharpening stone; and
- Band saw.
Tips for sharpening:
- Hold the sharpener stone against the tooth edge;
- The stone should be parallel to the bandsaw blade teeth;
- Move the bandsaw back towards the hand against the stone;
- A Dremel tool can also be used on low at a slight angle from the tip of the blade;
- Use a file to fix any loose ends of the cutting area; and
- Check the gullet for debris and clean if required.
Mechanically Sharpen Bandsaw Blades
If you have a lot of blades that need sharpening, then the mechanical option is the right choice for you because the process is likely to be long. Purchasing a machine for sharpening your bandsaw blade is the best way to save time and energy.
Want to know more about bandsaw blades? Please take a look at our range of custom made blades that are waiting to be purchased by you.
Enter your Name, Australian Cell Phone Number and the Blade you are after
Or for Instant Support phone us now on 03 9005 7931 or contact us on Live Chat!!! "Over 3500 Blades Sent Out from Our Factory Daily"Online Chat
5 Easy Steps to Build Your Own Sawblade
Welcome to the Sawblade Mobile App
1. Product Selection
2. Great job, now select the Width (mm)
3. Select the Length (mm) (Round up to the Closest Increment)(Round up to the Closest Increment)
3. Now Enter the Exact Length in (mm) (Made to your Order)
4. Select the TPI (Teeth Per Inch)
5. Select the Quantity of Blades
Order Your Blade