- By Jason
- 0 Comments
- SawBlade Articles
Using Your Cold Saw Blade
Cold saw blades are one of the most useful pieces of equipment when it comes to cutting metal, especially for industrial purposes. That’s why it’s particularly important to maintain and use them to the best of your ability. After all, cutting equipment isn’t exactly something that can be regularly replaced at a cheap price. We at SawBlade.com.au are here to suggest some things to consider when you’re using a cold saw blade.
Maximising Your Cold Saw Blade Use
If you want to get the most out of your blade, there are several things to pay attention to before and after using the equipment.
1. Coolant: When you buy the blade, make sure to also buy the correct coolant. That is, buy something that is water soluble. This is due to the fact that the coolant actually acts as a lubricant for the blade, keeping the teeth from wearing too quickly. Hence, you should also keep the solution clean so as to avoid contaminants that can hamper the blade’s cutting ability.
2. Breaking in the blade: This process should be done whether the blade is new or simply resharpened. Slowly cut through a piece of test material, usually four times, before moving onto the main cutting operation. This serves to prevent premature dulling and increases time between sharpening.
3. Properly clamp down your material: When you place the material in the vice, make sure that it’s tightly secure on the table before beginning to cut. If not, the shaking can not only cause an undesirable cut but also damage the blade if the material is abrasive enough.
4. Use the least amount of pressure: Cold saw blades require minimal cutting effort to pass through materials so large amounts of pressure can have a negative effect on the quality of the cut. That is, high amounts of pressure can cause quicker wearing or even the blade breaking.
Now then, by now you should have gained a better idea on how to use the cold saw blade to its maximum efficiency So make sure to visit Our Store to not only get your blades, but also the supplies to maintain them.
Enter your Name, Australian Cell Phone Number and the Blade you are after
Or for Instant Support phone us now on 03 9005 7931 or contact us on Live Chat!!! "Over 3500 Blades Sent Out from Our Factory Daily"Online Chat
5 Easy Steps to Build Your Own Sawblade
Welcome to the
1. Product Selection
2. Great job, now select the Width
3. Select the Length (Round up to the Closest Increment)(Round up to the Closest Increment)
3. Now Enter the Exact Length in (mm) (Made to your Order)
4. Select the TPI (Teeth Per Inch)
5. Enter Quantity
Order Your Blade