- By Tenesha
- 0 Comments
- SawBlade Articles
If you’re new to bandsaw blades, or even if you’re not, it’s important to know how to select the right blade for the job. Here is a quick 5 step guide to selecting your bandsaw blades.
- Figure out what you want to cut. This is fairly self explanatory, but it’s an essential part of the process. What is the type of material you need to cut? Note the material, thickness, shape, etc.
- Is this a one time job? Or, will you continually use the blade on a regular basis? This step is integral. If you’ll be using the blade often, it’s a good idea to choose a durable blade.
- Note the specifications of your bandsaw. Such as the max width of the machine, the brand, the model, etc. This helps with customising the blade to perfectly fit your machine. You’ll also need this information so you know what your machine can handle.
- Ask yourself, are you cutting corners and curves. Or, are you straight cutting? Is your material curved or not?
- Finally, take all of these points into account. Then, choose the right blade material. The blade material will all depend on this information.
One of the most common mistakes people make when purchasing a bandsaw blade is disregarding TPI. One of the most common mistakes people make when purchasing a bandsaw blade is disregarding TPI. Selecting the right TPI is essential. Here is ‘The Ultimate TPI Guide’ to help you decide.
And there you have it! An easy guide to help you with selecting your bandsaw blades. If this hasn’t helped you choose the right blade, contact our dedicated customer support team by live chat. Or, call us on 03 9005 7931. We will to provide you the right information for you to make an educated choice.
5 Easy Steps to Build Your Own Sawblade
2. Great job, now select the Width
3. Select the Length (mm) (Round up to the Closest Increment)(Round up to the Closest Increment)
3. Now Enter the Exact Length in (mm) (Made to your Order)
4. Select the TPI (Teeth Per Inch)
5. Select the Quantity of Blades
Order Your Blade